Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, dear, what have I gotten myself into?

I (finally) read a handbook on how to write a book and get it published and promote it. I had a vague idea that "some more stuff" happens after I do the hard/important part of writing the silly thing.

Oh my goodness. There's a lot to do and it is all very time-consuming, especially if I want a book to be remotely "successful" (that is, cover its costs and bring me some profit). I'm more than a little overwhelmed right now.

But the business woman in me says "right, then, pull on your boots and get busy! You know that writing a book is business and business = work. No whingeing!". The business woman in me is apparently adopting an Australian accent...

It may turn out that the writing was the easy part!

No comments:

Post a Comment