Monday, January 24, 2011

Core Values?

So, I'm writing a book showing how massage therapists can maintain their healing values while doing business. In fact, my theory is that you can't be successful if your business decisions aren't grounded in your core values as a massage therapist.

So.....what are the core values of our industry? Here's the ones I came up with:

  • homeostasis (keeping everything in functional balance)
  • healthy boundaries (being clear about where you stand)
  • health (maintaining a state of well-being)
  • service (offering up what we have as a gift)
  • wholeness & integration (our business goals are one with our massage goals)

It was more of a struggle to come up with this list than I expected. What would you list as the 3-5 core values of your massage practice? Would it look anything like my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment