Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"It's Quick & Easy!"

There are so many things you can do for your business, so many services, so many social media options, so many ways to have a presence "out there" where all those potential clients are.

I've spent about 8 hours, so far, getting online scheduling set up for my clients. I'm pretty sure there's more to do but I think I've got it (mostly) set up now.

Eight hours.

That's one whole work day. It's not that I chose bad scheduling software. It's just that it takes time to work everything out, learn my way around the website, test it, etc.

An entire work day.

There are a lot of voices insisting we just have to do this, that, and the other thing. Right now! Preferably yesterday! It gives me jitters sometimes.

In business, everything seems to take longer than I expect it to. I used to beat myself up for being "behind" on my Grand Plans. I have to remember that there's only one person in this business and I have to do everything, including actually massaging people! And get some sleep and spend time with my husband and be involved in the community and stay in touch with my family and ... and ... and... well, you get the picture.

Is this you too? If so, be easy on yourself. You probably are really and truly doing the best you can. Perfection is not an option (and nothing is ever as quick and easy as they tell you it's going to be!).

1 comment:

  1. You got that right! Experiencing that myself, still, and always!

    ReplyDelete