Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Busted! (by my own client, no less!)

Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a client ask "and when does the massage therapist get a massage?", usually with a twinkle in their eye? And you don't have a good answer? It's sooooooo embarrassing when our clients catch us out like that.

I have a client who has been seeing me weekly 5 or 6 years. As you can imagine, we've gotten to know each other pretty well. She knew I was having some frustration with a professional relationship, that I wanted to end it but was dragging my feet about it.

She proceeded to lecture me about setting professional boundaries, taking care of myself, having faith in my practice, and making sensible business decisions. All of which she's learned from......reading this blog. Yes, she quoted my own [blankety blank] blog back to me!

Damn.

So (sigh) in the last week I've given notice and the relationship will be ending in a timely manner in a professional manner. I don't know whether to be proud of her or embarrassed at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment