Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Alternative Pricing Options: the Gift Economy

As many of you may know, I offer Pay What You Can in my practice. I've done this since 2009. Most of my clients pay my listed price but I always have some that need the consideration.

Because of this, I'm always keeping my eyes open for other ways people get creative with pricing, especially pricing designed to give a break to those who can't afford the full price.

Adrien Hoppel went full-on with this worldview: all of his projects (he's a web developer) are done on a "pay me what you think it's worth" basis. He calls it The Gift Economy. The Huffington Post recently published an article about him. A very worthy read if you are at all interested in alternative ways to set your pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment