Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nasty Feet

I tried a new modality yesterday -- Foot Detox. I tried it at my new favorite haunt, The Lightworkers Cottage.

It started with about 25 minutes with the Trinfinity8 machine ("where technology meets consciousness"). This is meant to tune you up through vibrational frequencies. You listen to a chanted melody while watching fractals on a screen and holding two quartz crystal rods that are wired back into the computer system.

In the course of 25 minutes, it cycles through different levels of de-toxing -- lymphatic system, chakras, integumentary system, etc. -- while offering you a soothing visual and auditory experience.

Then she put my feet in a warm foot bath with some salts of some kind. She also inserted a paddle that was hooked into another machine. I was hooked up to this for 10 minutes or so? I was reading a book so I wasn't paying much attention to what was going on at my feet till she came in to tell me it was done. Then I looked down.

Ick. Ick. Ick. The water was full of a brown/green material that was just kind of disgusting. She provided me with a chart to match the color of the water with whatever organ was most affected by the detox experience.

Apparently my gall bladder needs some love!

She then did a 10-minute or so foot scrub of my feet that left them as smooth and soft as the proverbial baby's butt. I looooooove having my feet worked on!

I was already coming down with a cold when I went in there and it has progressed in the expected fashion (in fact, I'm hanging out in the apartment today doing major damage to a box of tissues). On the other hand, I haven't had any heart burn since then.

Hmmmmm.........

No comments:

Post a Comment