Friday, April 1, 2011

Massage Dreaming....

Today, I fantasize about being a promoter. That is, organzing and sponsoring workshops, particularly on the business of massage.


Margo Bowman on taxes and bookkeeping.


Laura Allen on marketing.


Randall Craig on social media.


Somebody (maybe me?) on business plans.


Ferreting out the people who are offering good business courses that can talk in the language of massage therapists. Creating some workshops of my own. I've already done this once or twice with Margo Bowman, so I know what it takes.


I have a fantasy today of organizing 2 years worth of business workshops, maybe one every quarter. Really promoting the heck out of them in the mid-Atlantic region. Hosting them with PMTI (or on my own since Kitty Southworth and I have submitted the application to be a NCBTMB-approved provider!).


And if I can pull together 8 workshops/offerings over 2 years, then turning that into a bonafide The Business of Massage conference! I already actually have a business plan for just such a thing, which helped me realize I can't do it on my own, so I've laid it aside for the moment.


That's my massage therapy fantasy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment