Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've Still Got It (I think)!

I saw my first client in a year on Monday night. She has been a client for years so I know her body and her background, which helps!

It was lovely to step back into the clinic at PMTI and fall right back into the rhythm of setting up -- sheets on the table, table lowered to my level, adjusting the headrest, plugging in the music, washing my hands....it seems so simple but it was reassuring to have it fall back into place so easily.

The intake....as long as usual. I must do about the longest intakes of anyone I know! It is not unusual for them to last 10 - 15 minutes. I give my clients a chance to really tell me what's going on with them. It's funny the things that come out after 6 or 8 minutes of talking -- their real concerns, the little aches and pains, the insights into what they truly need. It often changes how I structure the session, even if it's just a little bit.

Palpation? Yes, I still can! (phew) Touching, feeling the tissue's response, confirming where things are tight or non-responsive.

Is the pressure good? OK, I need to start lighter. I need to remember "superficial to deep". Got an urge to dive in. Need to soften up just a bit.

Time management? OK, gotta work on that. The clock is moving much too fast! It'll come back.

But I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment