Tuesday, April 2, 2013

But Is It Juicy?

While I was in Australia, I met a fascinating woman, Ingrid Arna. She helps people "lose weight, attract love, create miracles and get deliciously happy". As you can imagine, she is a lively enthusiastic woman.

She posted something on her FB page last year that really struck me; so much so that I printed it out and taped it to my desk:

Practice doing less, focusing on what you want and choosing relationships and business partnership that are joyous, easy, rich, electric and love based = pure affluence and juicy energy that creates miracles, that builds fortunes and most importantly makes us feel incredibly alive, supported and healthy.

The idea of "juicy" energy intrigues me. The idea that business partnerships should be "joyous, easy, rich, electric and love based" gives me a thrill. When was the last time you heard that kind of business advice?

At my annual business retreat in January, I decided I wanted to raise the visibility of my home-based practice, focusing on people within 4 miles of my home. One of the ways I've chosen to do that is to volunteer with organizations I like, providing seated massage to help them with their fundraising.

I made a list of organizations and have, over the last 3 months, settled on two of them. Why those two? Because they feel "juicy". They are "joyous, easy, rich, electric, and love based".

They don't necessarily expose me to the greatest number of people but they put in settings where I enjoy the work and believe in the mission. I do my best massage when I'm happy and inspired. Happy inspired massage is what we all want to receive. These people are seeing me at my best, which is the right way to market my practice.

This past Saturday I did seated massage for the DC Rollergirls, the local women's flat-track roller derby. They are actively raising money to rent their own warehouse space in which to practice.

The event was loud, over-stimulating, and a bit overwhelming. I raised $100 for their warehouse fund and I loved it! Love the crowd, love the enthusiasm, love the racing. It was simply fun (even though this introvert had to spend the rest of the evening gazing numbly at the TV to recover).

I met some great people. Not many people knew I was going to be there but lots of people noticed me. I suspect the next time I go I'll get even more people on the chair. Handed out some business cards (I'm only 6 blocks away). I can't wait to go back.

Because it was juicy and that feels like the right way and the right place to be.

Be bold. Don't just look for business partnerships that are potentially profitable. Look for partnerships that make you feel alive, excited, and (yes) juicy.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm hearing more great stuff like that all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope I keep bringing you good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete