Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A New Marketing Effort

Just got home from an evening of seated massage. This year I'm providing seated massage at fundraisers as a marketing tool. And I'm having a good time!

How it this a marketing tool?

1.  I focus on organizations that will get me out in front of people who live or work within 4 miles of my office. They also have to be organizations or events I would like to support.

2.  I ask the event host (if possible) to publicize the fact that they'll have seated massage there to help with the fundraiser.

3.  People pay for the massages because I want people to experience my work in a context where they also pay for it. Freebie massages have not been a good marketing tool for me. Sometimes I post a price list, sometimes it's a freewill offering.

4.  I have a sign with my practice information on it. I give everyone a business card. I talk to people about their history with massage and, if appropriate, tell them more about my practice or offer to help them find an MT closer to them.

This kind of marketing is fun for me. It satisfies my urge to volunteer while also promoting my practice. Win/win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment