Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Strangest place to hand out a business card?

What's the strangest place you've ever found yourself handing someone your business card?

My biz partner, Kitty Southworth, found herself handing them out at a funeral. She has a thriving geriatric practice but that means her clients die sometimes. At a client's funeral, people naturally asked her how she knew the deceased. She ended up handing out all the cards she had on her!

I'm in the hospital this week with an obstructed bowel, likely from scar tissue  from the surgery I had in December. This morning my nurse and I got to talking about scar tissue. She asked how I knew so much. I told her about being a massage therapist. She mentioned she'd just gotten her first-ever massage 2 weeks ago.

We spent about 10 minutes talking about massage, what to expect as a consumer, how to find a good therapist, how to find MTs that have alternative pricing options, etc. I heard her talking to another nurse out in the corridor about our conversation a few minutes later!

When she comes back tonight, I'm going to hand her a few copies of my card, the link to my Pay What You Can page on my website, and specifics about my practice.

What's the oddest situation in which you've found yourself handing out your business card?

No comments:

Post a Comment