Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maybe those first aid classes are a good idea.

Jeff just saved my life. Literally.

I was eating a meatball. It was large. I started swallowing before I'd really gotten in chewed up in little bits and it jammed half-way down. Just got jammed and all of a sudden I was choking.

In the heat of the moment, will you remember your first aid classes? Jeff did.

I stood up. Jeff asked if I was OK. I shook my head "no" and made the 'hands at the throat' sign for choking. He quickly came behind me, puts his arms around me, and started the quick squeezes to dislodge the stuck food.

It took two tries but he he got it out. Everyone sitting around us was very very impressed. So was I.

He said afterwards that one of his challenges is that I'm not built like the dummies they use in first aid classes. I'm taller than him and...ah....rounder than the test dummies. Finding my xiphoid process from behind? Good luck with that!

Please award that man 10,000 Husband Points. And sign us both up for the First Aid Course at PMTI next time we're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment