Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be....

Jeff and I have talked about the odds and practicality of extending our time here in Australia. We may have that option but if we do, I will need to find work I suspect.

I could look for massage work in a spa or group practice. Since I don't have a client base (or even my massage table and supplies) it's impractical to try to establish my own practice.

I could go back to my previous life and work as a writer, especially a technical writer. Though the software used to write technical manuals has changed in the last 10 years I'm sure and I haven't kept up.

What I find myself thinking about though is temp or retail work (though God help my sacrum if I have to be on my feet all day!). Something simple. Something without assumption of commitment or long-term relationships.

Something I can walk in and out of without much guilt or personal investment.

I don't feel the need to flex my well-developed professional muscles, either as a writer or an MT. I can be in it just for the paycheck and some co-workers.

I'm enjoying the simple and relatively unattached life here in Brisbane. There's a peacefulness to it that I'm coming to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment